If any of you have been to Nicaragua before, I would love to hear any input you have about things to do and places to see.
Because I have started thinking more and more about this trip, I realize that I need to also really start thinking about being in a bikini. I am the first to admit that the winter is not a good time for my diet. I usually don't exercise as much (hey! it's cold and I just want to go home) and I usually find myself being drawn to comfort food. After falling off of a ladder over the summer and breaking a rib, my exercise routine really took a hit.
Thankfully, the weather is warming up and that always gets me thinking about healthier food options. I stumbled upon these delicious sliders originally posted on Made by Girl, and you can't tell me that they don't look like the best Meatless Monday recipe ever?
Veggie Sliders with Tahini Mayo Reciipe
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin-on and washed
- 4 small pre-cooked beets, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small portabello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons mayo (Vegenaise or regular mayonnaise, your preference)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1/4 meyer lemon
- sea salt and ground pepper
- mini slider buns
- In a 400 degree oven, place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until soft.
- Saute shallot and mushrooms in a touch of olive oil. Add garlic and beets after a few minutes, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop the inside of the cooked sweet potatoes into a large bowl, and combine with beets/shallot/mushroom mixture. Add quinoa and flour. Mix well.
- Taste mixture for seasoning, add salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Refrigerate slider mixture for 30 minutes before forming 4-6 small patties. (Add more flour if too sticky.)
- In a 350 degree oven, bake patties on a foil-lined oiled baking sheet for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Make the Tahini Mayo by combining mayo, tahini, lemon juice, and a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Assemble sliders on buns with a spoonful of Tahini Mayo and a sprinkle of microgreens. Enjoy!